The Rhode Island Dental Association (RIDA) is a professional organization
of Rhode Island dentists dedicated to the service of the public and
advancement of the profession through education, advocacy, and member
- The RIDA will be the public policy advocate for the provision
of quality and ethical oral health care.
- The RIDA will be the primary source of professional education
and information to its members.
- The RIDA will recruit and retain members of the Rhode Island
Dental Association and increase member services.
- The RIDA will expand sources of non-dues income, maintaining
responsible fiscal management of all resources within the Association
- The RIDA will be recognized as the state’s primary provider
of oral health care information to the public.
Goal One Objectives
- Advocate state legislation favorable to dentistry and provide
legislators with information regarding quality and ethical oral
- Influence and educate regulatory bodies for decision-making
on scientific and public health issues of interest to dentistry.
- Increase communications with third party providers to recommend
policies supporting quality and ethical oral health care.
Goal Two Objectives
- A Utilize membership study to better identify the information services
and professional education programs that members need or want.
- Reach 100% of membership with all current and pertinent information
on professional development, member services, current educational
opportunities, etc., using a variety of media.
- Develop a program of continuing education that responds to
the needs of the membership.
Goal Three Objectives
- Recruit new members.
- Retain existing members.
- Increase membership services.
Goal Four Objectives
- Explore current and potential revenue sources, including all
products, services, individuals or companies which request RIDA
- Promote products and services to a wider market, including
membership, non-members, dental auxiliary/staff.
- Develop a Financial Plan. The RIDA shall develop an Association
Financial Plan to secure present and long term financial stability
for the Association.
Goal Five Objectives
- Utilize the Committee/Council on Communications that will coordinate
all communication efforts.
- Develop a Public Relations/Advertising
Campaign to re-enforce our positive public image.
- Develop a Speakers Bureau and Spokesperson Training Program
for dentists to provide the latest information on oral health
- Encourage an interchange of information among pertinent dental