What Good is a Dead Patient With Perfect Teeth?
Wednesday, November 19, 2014
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
The Crowne Plaza, Warwick, RI
|For more information:|
Nutritionist David Meinz reveals the latest about the food you and your patients eat. You'll discover how promoting the sugar bowl can actually decrease - yes, decrease caries formation. You'll also learn the latest on artificial sweeteners, fast foods and osteoporosis. A hands-on presentation that will bring you up-to-date on the relationship between nutrition and health.
1. Distinguish between "the truth" and "the whole truth" in food product health claims.
2. Identify selections at fast food restaurants that taste good and also contribute to good health.
3. Appreciate the realities of current popular weight loss diets.
4. Obtain specific personal recommendations for healthy and safe intakes of fat, sodium, cholesterol, fiber and sugar.
5. Understand which new food products can play a legitimate role in health improvement.
David Meinz, MS, RD, FADA, CSP, is a contributing editor for the Journal of the Academy of General Dentistry. He's also a frequent guest on radio and television and speaks internationally to dental audiences about how to integrate total patient care into their practices.
He has a Masters Degree (MS) in human nutrition from the University of Missouri, and he's a Registered Dietitian (RD) and Fellow in the American Dietetic Association (FADA). He's also received the Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) designation from the National Speakers Association. But he's not just what he knows; he's really funny, too!
David is great with the crowd, interactive and energetic. His fresh message comes across with unexpected humor, making his insights memorable and easy to grasp and apply. His years of experience and depth of knowledge are balanced with his enjoyable and fun presentation style.
||Spouse/Staff of RIDA Members
||Spouse/Staff of Non-Members
||Out-of-State ADA Members
Full refund given with notice of cancellation 72 hours prior to the course.